Share This Article
Tower crane is top-rated equipment in construction works, especially in high-rise buildings. Besides the installation, dismantling the tower crane requires many stages to be carried out carefully to ensure construction safety and safety. In the following article, Miami Contractors will provide detailed instructions on adequately dismantling tower crane. Check it out now!
What is a tower crane?
Tower crane concept
Before learning how to dismantle a tower crane properly, you should understand the definition of a tower crane and its use in construction.
A Tower crane is a type of mechanical equipment used to transport construction materials and components. That is the type of machine that can be easily seen when we pass a construction site. The height of the tower crane will vary depending on the size of the building under construction.
A Tower crane is a type of construction machine that has the effect of lifting equipment, machinery, and heavy objects from the ground to high in the process of building high-rise buildings or overhead works. Tower cranes are assembled from loose tower segments that increase with the height of the building and have tremendous reach.
Structure of tower crane
The detailed structure of the tower crane includes:
- Bolt joints assemble the tower crane body sections. Can rotate the tower head to different angles to combine with the tower crane to bring the material to the correct position.
- A counterweight tower boom is assembled to the top of the tower, anchored horizontally; control can be lowered or raised as required.
- Cars have the role of carrying movable objects on the rails thanks to the traction cable to change the reach.
- The assembled mast is used to change the height of the tower crane’s legs.
Ensure proper dismantling of tower crane
After completing the construction, the contractor will carry out the dismantling of mechanical or technical equipment, including the dismantling of tower cranes. The work of dismantling the tower crane is vital, including many complicated stages that require good preparation of workers and supporting equipment in dismantling this equipment. Therefore, the factor of occupational safety in this work is given top priority.
You can refer to the safety notes for dismantling the tower crane below:
- All employees participating in this work must receive safety training on working at height. Workers participating in dismantling must be fully equipped with safety labor insurance as prescribed.
- Before being put into use, all ancillary equipment must be tested (if it is a shared device) and more rigorously tested (if it is a device, must strictly test it).
- The area to carry out the removal and lowering of tower crane must be protected by the following safety measures:
- Signal safety warning, isolate the site within a radius of 25m.
- Regularly supervised 24/24, arrange a guard in the area where people are not allowed to enter the dismantlement construction area.
- Organize discussion and exchange before starting work for the next few days if that work is not finished.
- Arrange the gathering area for materials brought out from the crane dismantling work.
- Using ropes to position the crane while removing long, bulky parts of the tower crane is imperative.
- Must note that when the wind speed exceeds 13m/s, the dismantling cannot be carried out because it will cause danger to all workers.
Methods of installing and dismantling tower crane according to technique
The technically correct tower crane installation process includes the following steps:
- Pump concrete into the base of the tower crane to create a solid foundation for the tower.
- Install the first fuselage of the tower crane to the base with a crane truck.
- Fix the tower crane body segments with bolts together.
- The telescope is embedded in the tower crane’s body.
- Install the turntable and the operator’s cabin.
- Next will install the tower top, tower tail, counterweight, and tower boom. Connect the tower boom and the high seat to the top of the tower with counterweight cables.
- The hydraulic piston fixed the lower end of the lifting cage to the crane tower body and removed the connecting key between the two body segments. Then, use the piston to start lifting the entire top of the tower to a height of 3 meters.
- There is enough space between the tower crane’s upper body and lower body to fit one body segment. The new body is bolted and fixed. The lifting cage continues to raise the upper body of the tower crane. The following body segments are similarly installed.
Thus, we can see that we want to change the height of the tower crane, which will add the body segments to the body without removing the top of the tower crane. The tower crane dismantling measure is carried out in the reverse order of the tower crane installation measure.
From the above information, we can see that installing or dismantling tower cranes is also a difficult and dangerous process. With the characteristic of being heavy and tall, the dismantling of tower cranes needs to be carried out according to the correct procedures and to ensure all safety standards are in place. Therefore, each contractor must perform well with labor safety measures when installing or dismantling tower cranes.
Above is a guide to dismantling tower crane with proper technique and labor safety. Hopefully, with the information given in the article, readers will have knowledge that can apply to the work in the future.