Share This Article
When it comes to a construction contractor, who do you think? Architects, construction engineers, or workers? When conducting the construction, the prevention of possible risks at the work site is an essential part of every construction project. The department in charge of this role is the Health Safety Engineer. Join Miami Contractors to find out how this works through the following article.
Who is a Health Safety Engineer?
Health Safety engineers play a massive role in every manufacturing and construction business. This work aims to prevent, predict, report, and edit relevant indicators to protect workers. In addition, Health Safety engineers are also responsible for developing and proposing options and measures by national and international legal conditions. Occupational safety engineer not only works in the field of occupational safety, consumer health protection but also environmental protection.
Occupational safety engineers play a vital role because their work is directly related to the health of workers, the working environment, and the company’s assets. They ensure that all business activities occur in normal conditions and minimize possible risks.
Occupational Safety Engineers will coordinate with other departments in the company to design and install safety equipment, develop regulations on occupational safety in the enterprise and supervise workers’ implementation of those regulations.
What is the job of a Health Safety Engineer?
Depending on the field of business activities and the size of each business, the job for the position of Health Safety Engineer will be different. However, the main jobs of an occupational safety engineer at a construction site usually include:
- Implement and supervise the implementation, compliance with regulations and procedures of occupational safety and health, fire prevention and fighting, and environmental protection of construction units at the site.
- Deploy, guide, and train staff and workers at the construction site to strictly comply with regulations, processes, and instructions of the quality, environment, and health management system.
- Adjust and overcome problems related to occupational safety for the units.
- Monitor and inspect the safety of construction machinery and equipment on site.
- Coordinate with related parties to solve the issues and propose measures to handle the situation.
- Hazard identification, analysis, and assessment of risks related to occupational safety in each production area. From there, export solutions to overcome promptly.
- Develop regulations, rules, principles, and norms on management and assurance of labor safety and environmental sanitation for people, machinery, equipment, and construction tools according to standards and regulations. Government’s rule.
- Develop an implementation plan and training on occupational safety and health. Compiling manuals on occupational safety and health.
- Advise and propose applying advanced technical equipment and scientific solutions to serve occupational safety.
- Investigate industrial accidents or occupational diseases to determine causes and identify preventable incidents.
How to become a good Health Safety Engineer?
To become an excellent occupational safety engineer, you first need to be fully equipped with the necessary knowledge:
- Specialized knowledge: Although occupational safety engineering has not been widely trained, engineers who graduated in Environmental Engineering and Labor Insurance Engineers are always fully equipped with the knowledge and skills to complete the job of an occupational safety engineer. They need to learn some other related knowledge about occupational safety to be fully capable of taking on this position.
- Mastering the knowledge of the provisions of international standards, specifically ISO 14001, to assess the vulnerabilities in the system and propose remedial measures, methods of environmental impact assessment, risk assessment …
- Having skills to recognize and analyze causes: an incident or an accident situation occurs, the first and most important requirement is to analyze and determine the cause quickly and accurately. From there, provide immediate solutions and, at the same time, evaluate the effectiveness of such measures to apply for prevention and settlement in the future.
- Understand the legal knowledge of employees, occupational safety, rights and responsibilities on occupational safety, occupational accidents, environmental regulations, etc.
- Having training skills: the job of an occupational safety engineer is to ensure occupational safety and health for employees and ensure environmental sanitation. Therefore, it is essential to guide and train employees to understand and implement occupational safety and prevention measures. With training skills, your communication process will be more fluent and effective.
Besides, an excellent occupational safety engineer will be indispensable for qualities such as creativity, thinking, problem-solving, and reading comprehension skills… An occupational safety engineer Activity is a critical position for a contractor and all other types of businesses.
An occupational safety engineer is an exciting job requiring highly specialized knowledge, but the salary is quite attractive. Thanks to that, this job attracts more and more workers, especially those with flexible personalities and good problem-solving skills.
Above is the basic information about the occupational safety engineer profession. Hopefully, the article has helped readers visualize the work of an occupational safety engineer at construction sites. If you want to know more about other occupations that can work for contractors, visit our website to see more articles.